Music Banter - View Single Post - Islam in Europe
Thread: Islam in Europe
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 11:25 AM   #437 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
So here's the thing. FA Cup Final yesterday, I see everyone with "Heart MCR" placards and the two teams and everyone have a minute's silence before the match, and later I see the display roar "We stand together", and there's nothing wrong with those sentiments, but are they empty?
Yes. Pointless.

Quote:
I know it would have been horribly ironic, but still, had the final been bombed it would not have surprised me (still amazed/relieved a match has not been targeted yet).
It's only a matter of time. An attempt was made on the Stade de France if you remember but that one failed.

Quote:
No, I have no answers, but I just wonder what everyone thinks? Are there measures that can be put in place, steps that can be taken, or is it just going to be the old "stiff upper lip" every time? I mean, I hate to break it to these people, but terrorists don't give a **** for your "stand together" #WeWillNotBreak or whatever the **** other useless gestures you make. They're just going to keep on doing this until something is done to stop them. But I see no evidence of anything being done, other than the threat level being raised. Sure, that will help, but it will be temporary, and any enemy knows you don't attack when you're expected to: you wait till the other party is off their guard and then go in for the kill. So once the terror threat level is reduced, will we see this repeat itself?

Answers on a postcard...
There are things you can do but it's difficult. Do you have any ideas TH?
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote