Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 11:16 AM   #6128 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
it is not the only path towards effectual efforts against climate change and the only real impact here is entirely symbolic
It's hard to say what's been lost. Personally, I think it's already game over from an environmental standpoint. We're not going to find an alternative to fossil fuel, we're obviously going to burn it all, then we won't have energy to combat our environmental devastation or just to sustain human life. Paris Accord or not we're ****ed. Or it depends on what you think ****ed is. You could also say we're lucky as ****. With hundreds of millions of years of solar energy fossilized for our ease of consumption we're probably living larger than any human beings ever had and ever will. We're like an NFL running back making 15 million a year who can't imagine he's going to be living on a hundred grand three years down the line. Headed for certain bankruptcy because there's no ****ing way in hell he'll ever adjust. Do we feel sorry for him? Not yet because we're still rolling big time.

What's the significance of the Paris Accord...the world just pretending to agree. Maybe a lot. Maybe it says we can at least visualize working together. Maybe I'm just an apocalyptic **** and there is a path. Maybe multiple realistic paths even. I don't think so but you know I'm just a ****ing troll, right? The Paris Accord was at least some kind of step possibly in the right direction. Maybe it still is for the rest of the world. How big a deal is it to intentionally walk out of step with the international community? Junior High girls don't like to be removed from the clique no matter how rich and pretty they are. People know intuitively you don't want to wander off too far or get isolated from the pack. Mother****ers get ****ed up. I'm not too keen on America going at it alone. I know we're all going to continue to pollute the **** out of the world. But since everyone else is pretending to care, shouldn't we?