Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 02:45 AM   #9232 (permalink)
Yac
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Basically me. The world has more ****, better weapons, and the story is better.

Thought I'd made a Fallout post for a minute cause of this post, but it's entirely by coincidence that I've been playing Fallout 4 for the past few days. The world isn't as cool as 3 or NV, but as a crafting whore I am totally digging building my own settlement. Like, hardcore. Even the mechanic where you can have a thing you're trying to build set to be built as soon as you have all the materials necessary is awesome. And having a character who actually feels like they matter rather than a nameless peon with no personality is awesome.

So for the moment I'm giving Fallout 4 my definite seal of approval. I just wish the wasteland had more personality.
F4 is a great shooter with some rpg elements If it didn't have the burden of the Fallout legacy, it would imo be universally praised. And there's a reason for that - storywise, it's arguably the weakest of them all, unfortunately.
If you want to actually keep enjoying building your own settlements, look up "Sim Fallout" on nexus mods. It lets you designate specific plots for specific kinds of activity (homes, farmland, stores, industry) and the settlers will construct it all on their own, with a ton of cool details and multiple upgrades for each building once a settlement reaches a certain threshold of population/happiness.
There are 30 buildable locations in the core game, with all the dlc it goes up to almost 40... as someone who spent many hours building it all up from the ground, on multiple walkthroughs, this mod.. made it interesting and fun again.
Yac.
Yac is offline   Reply With Quote