Music Banter - View Single Post - Greetings - New member, Old Musician
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 01:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Yodelgoat
Groupie

Default Greetings - New member, Old Musician

Hello, I'm mostly retired from performing these days, Played actively in the 80-90's with limited success. I am now, just composing music for fun. I have a great little home studio, I play all the main instruments involved in Rock music, My main instrument is my voice, but I played bass and sang when I played live. I can also play guitar, Keys and , yes, even woodwinds. I have put out a couple of CD's and even Vinyl back in the 80's. Now I see just a nice musical future in recording what I like, and helping out other musicians who might need a good voice on their own projects. Vocally I'm kind of a cross between Phil Collins, Geddy Lee (back in his day) and perhaps Geoff Tate, with whom I share a common vocal instructor.

I also love just talking about music. I try to keep up with new releases as a fanboy - mostly of progressive Rock, but into anything that rocks, swings or shuffles. I have an extensive music collection that I also love talking about. I am not looking to sell anything here, but I sure hope I can find some stuff worth buying, and perhaps find some like minded musicians willing to share a few notes.

Unfortunately, I dont see much future for younger musicians, and I feel fortunate to have lived life when music had a life, I'm hoping some up and coming musicians here perhaps could prove me wrong in my assessment.

When I listen to music, I try to picture what the musicians are doing to produce the music I am hearing. Because of this, I am not always appreciative of some of the newer forms of music, where it is generated, rather than performed. Its not that I oppose modern music construction methods, but its not something I appreciate quite like a well constructed guitar part, or real drum tracks, played by a real drummer, rather than a machine.

I hope to find some good friends here. Or at least have a few good conversations.
Yodelgoat is offline   Reply With Quote