Music Banter - View Single Post - Museum Musica
Thread: Museum Musica
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 03:31 PM   #599 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordor View Post
On my headphones when I'm out and about, it's been prog rock for the past several days. That's fine, but when I'm at home, I've been playing nothing but jazz. I've only scratched the surface of my latest obsession, and, to be honest, it's kind of scary because from where I sit, peering over the edge, I see an inscrutable, depthless rabbit hole down which I could easily fall.

Do I take the plunge? I've been listening to Coltrane, Davis (my favorite by far), Monk, Corea, Evans, Peterson, Brubeck, Hall, Haynes, Chambers, Newborn, Rypdal, Vitous, and DeJohnette. I could go so much further.

Inscrutable, depthless. Like Melville's sea...though I predict jazz won't be as dangerous as the White Whale.

Yeah, sure. Undaunted, I wrote my Master's thesis on Moby-Dick. I feel as if I can, like Ahab in his pride, conquer the genre!

Wheeeeeeeee....!
One of us, one of us, one of us...

Be sure to check out Dolphy, Ornette, Hancock, and Mingus if you haven't already.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote