Music Banter - View Single Post - Any punk or folk fans fancy answering some questions?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 12:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
You're an idiot.
Why? Because musicians trying to tell everyone what's wrong with them, their country, and the world in general isn't a pointless exercise in stroking their own egos? Because people actually give a **** what musicians think?

Quote:
It's for the people because it's accessible to common musicians, not because it'll top the charts.
Common musicians aren't the people. The vast majority of the people have probably never been in a band or even spent more than five minutes trying to play an instrument.

Quote:
I think that brings hip hop into the mix of American folk music too.
Considering the amount of dunderheads I've met irl who fancy themselves rappers, or who just like to get high and freestyle poorly, yeah I could call hip hop "music for the people".

Quote:
And hang on, are you implying that punk and folk are entirely political? Just because Tristan dropped the p bomb doesn't mean it extends to the subject matter of those genres lol.
I was responding to Tristan, you muttonhead.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote