Music Banter - View Single Post - Any punk or folk fans fancy answering some questions?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 12:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Common musicians aren't the people. The vast majority of the people have probably never been in a band or even spent more than five minutes trying to play an instrument.
Lol you keep on missing that point Chula. Point is that they're both readily accessible to anyone who wants to play it. Since it's the most available to the people, it is the people's music. But hurrdurr dey don't play punk on da radio so I'm rong on this.

Quote:
Considering the amount of dunderheads I've met irl who fancy themselves rappers, or who just like to get high and freestyle poorly, yeah I could call hip hop "music for the people".
Exactly. It barely takes anything to do it, and that factor is a lot more important to what were describing than straight up popularity or straw man arguments, Chula.

Quote:
I was responding to Tristan, you muttonhead.
I was talking about how being the proletariat doesn't mean that you sing about or even are aware of it.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote