Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog & Psychedelic Rock Recommendations Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #182 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

I might've posted about this band before, but as I can't remember where or when, you probably won't either!

They are a Korean power trio whose early albums date from 1978 so they have a pretty long discography, which unfortunately often veers away from guitar-led rock into pop. My rule of thumb for them is "the longer the song, the better it's likely to be" - a rule which is borne out by this 18-minuter:-

The Korean language looks like runes from a galaxy far far away, though for their sakes, we should hope the Koreans don't think so. Whatever the case, translations to English are pretty shakey too. The band name, for instance, appears on YouTube as San Ul Lim and also Sanulrim and the first track I posted, My Soul Lies On Silk , also turns up as Laying Silks and Satins on my Heart and Laid Carpet on My Mind, so you can choose the most surreal title and thus impress your friends.