Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 06:37 PM   #44563 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
I am at a loss for words currently...

My sister recently married this guy from africa. Apparently it's tradition for the grooms parents to meet the brides parents and pay the brides parents... Essentially they're going to pay my parents money for my sister...
It used to be the other way around. They called it a dowry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
And if they marry for no other reason than love, they're just doing it because society says that's the only way you can love someone. Taxes are pretty much the only logical reason to get married.

This isn't against long term relationships ftr, it's just a pointless symbol that a lot of people don't realize that they can shake.
Or so your kids don't get called bastards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Not that love doesn't exist, but that the modern, romcom view of love is Hallmark card bull****. The entire reason love exists is to encourage procreation, so it in itself is basically an evolutionary contract, and not some shiny, sparkly gift from god that should be treated as sacred and eternal.

Replace pastor with rabbi, Sunday school with... Saturday school I guess, and Bible camp with Torah camp. I mean, let's be honest, in America there really isn't much difference between Christians and Jews besides the fro.
You saying god exists? Cos if that's so, I'll fight you. AND I'll lose. But I'll fight you anyway.