Music Banter - View Single Post - What's the huge appeal of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 10:07 PM   #137 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Btw Taxman is rich **** face rockstar complaining about taxes like wtf I thought Love is all you need
No, it's about the British government implementing this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_tax

Exile on Main Street was the Stones escaping the ridiculous tax rate and staying in Paris.

Zeppelin had to constantly monitor how much they stayed at home to avoid getting tax raped. When Robert Plant got royally messed up in a car accident he ended up recupperating in LA because of tax reasons.

How'd you feel if you were successful and your goverment decided to take 65% of your income?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectralmusic View Post
subpar crap these drugged up Brits wrote
Please tell me you were almost blackout drunk when you typed these words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Sorry you can't get behind Tool as an okay group instead of the reactionary ish about them being the worst because so many teenagers ride their dicks like rollercoasters.

I honestly think it's akin to Chula shrieking about 4'33".
Firstly, before Tool, became TOOL, their first album was groundbreaking at the time, as was their first video. It's unfortunate that they really didn't expand from that.

Secondly, we're discussing music, not art. So keep 4'33" out of it. And I never shriek. I yell, scream, growl, and bellow, but never shriek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectralmusic View Post
1. People see too much into the Beatles and their place in the history of rock and music in general
Please tell me you were almost blackout drunk when you typed these words.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote