Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 10:27 PM   #6386 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
If Trump can fire Comey and come straight out on TV and say it was to stop the Russian collusion investigation and not get arrested there's no reason to think he can't fire Mueller and if they hire him as an independent investigator he can probably simply ignore that as well. The truth is Comey might go to prison. Mueller might not want any of that. Andrew McCabe is obviously afraid to arrest Trump even though he openly admitted to breaking the law. The fact that Trump has fired Comey and still isn't arrested but rather acting president is absolute proof America is now a dictatorship. It's still in its infancy and can be stopped but it's going to have to be a physical removal of Trump from office. Waiting for a new congress to impeach isn't going to cut it. He tweeted that Comey's "leaking" was "totally illegal?" (His question mark). He's therefore trying to have Comey arrested. I think it has a great chance of working. We need to be very honest with ourselves about what's happening and considering what's at stake what we're willing to do to stop it.
Man, I thought we all decided through Snowden and Manning that leaks/treason was cool now.

Trump found himself a nice grey area to fire Comey in though. Ignoring what the laws say is a trait of dictatorships as well. I also think we should stop viewing the tweets as executive mandates or declarations, but at this point I don't have faith in the media to not play Trump's game and quintuple his platform by overanalyzing what he typed out on the ****ter.