Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club 2017
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 10:53 AM   #988 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Well, since nobody really wants to review the album I submitted, I will. Briefly though, as is my nature.

Pretend
Tapestry'd Life

I found out about this album on one single best of 2015 list. They described the band as post rock meets experimental emo and math rock and I was intrigued. Maybe it was something about the somewhat subdued vocals but I felt that every single note and detail from every second of this album is perfectly paired. The album flows. I've heard it over 100 times and I still couldn't tell you what song is playing at any given time. It reminds me of most Kayo Dot or Maudlin of the Well albums, the way it kind of falls into the next track. I respect ISB's opinion on it. It certainly isn't for everybody. I do however find difficulty in the notion that the instrumentation was the same throughout, especially the drums. This is one of my favorite albums ever for many reasons but the drums may be number 1. Absolutely frenetic and chaotic but honed in just enough to compliment the guitar play into something pretty beautiful.

Anyway, it's a top 20 album for me and I hope you lot get around to listening to it.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote