Music Banter - View Single Post - The Top Ten Metal Albums -- Ever!
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 09:50 PM   #230 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
I wanted to update my list again. I know Trollheart doesn't want this thread used for this purpose, but whatever.

I had to kick off Gorgut's Obscura from my list, because the second-half of that album is weak.
  1. Dopesmoker [2012 reissue] by Sleep—Super-atmospheric stoner/doom that is just riffs and vocals for the entire album. Sounds boring on paper, but these riffs are REALLY good. A perfect album.
  2. Variations On A Theme by OM—Meditative stoner metal that is also just riffs, vocals, and drums for the entire album. Chris Haikus is one of my favorite drummers. Another perfect album.
  3. Deception Ignored by Deathrow—The most technical album ever released in thrash metal and the most technical album released in metal until the mid-90s. "Triocton" is the "YYZ" of metal.
  4. Epidemic of Violence by Demolition Hammer—Epidemic of Violence is the most intense thrash album ever.
  5. The Arrival by [Keith] Merrow—Sci-fi heavy, video-game-soundtrack-like metal. Not sure what genre it belongs to.
  6. Master of Puppets by Metallica
  7. Earth 2: Special Low Frequency Version by Earth—Atmospheric chugging drone doom metal with an awesome guitar tone. A lot of people call it boring, but I love it. It sounds like a soundtrack for a dreary day.
  8. ...And Justice For All by Metallica
  9. Reign In Blood by Slayer—Between the riffs and Araya's vitriolic performance, this is a beast of an album.
  10. Darkness Descends by Dark Angel—Super intense thrash metal that has the best drumming I have ever heard in metal. Gene Hoglan is a drummer's drummer. "The Burning of Sodom" is one of thrash metal's most intense moments.
Wait, what happened to Artillery? I thought By Inheritance was your tech thrash go to?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote