Music Banter - View Single Post - When did the concept of death really, truly, sink in?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 10:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
My grandfather died three years ago and I still don't feel the impact of his death. My brain still kind of thinks that I'll see him again. It's dodging reality but that's what I do. I'm sure once my parents, brother, or close friends pass it'll be different but I loved my grandfather and I only remember crying once, at the funeral, but mostly because we all walked up and said goodbye in groups and my father thanked him for being such a wonderful person to me and my brother. Something about the way he said that killed me. I haven't really thought about it deeply since then.
My mom wanted to get me out of going to my grandfather's funeral because she knew my hatred for my dad would be problematic. I was about 16 I guess. My dad was sobbing so hard and telling me the important thing was I was there for him when he was alive because after he went senile I was the only one who visited him. The truth was I didn't give a **** about his death and was relieved I didn't have to go the funeral. I didn't feel any sympathy at all for my father's loss. I really ****ing hated him.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote