Music Banter - View Single Post - When did the concept of death really, truly, sink in?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 01:51 PM   #55 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I've never had a stray human try to bite me. They usually ask for money.

Edit: "But dogs are adorable!" So are raver girls and they are also good at giving head. Dogs won't get me drugs.
You need to get a better dog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mord View Post
Until I was 37, I just walked around an unfeeling psychopath. When I woke up to my new life, I started to understand a lot of things I'd been deaf and blind to before. One of those things was death.
Why? Was he in your way and wouldn't move?
Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
It is a common opinion that people hold though. People will quickly pull over their car to help a wounded dog on the side of the road than they would a person. A majority of people value animals lives above human lives. As much as I like animals I would still help a random human over an animal.
Even Trump?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
As much as life sucks and I'm a maladjusted cluster**** the thought of ceasing to exist and losing knowledge of everything I've seen and felt just feels like the most unfair cosmic joke ever. Last night I was thinking about how it's kind of ****ed that I'm forgetting much of my high school life. High school was basically one minor trauma after another that I despised, but it was also an important part of my life, and I kind of mourn for that deranged kid who was sure everything would get better one day. He's dying and many of his experiences and feelings are going to be lost to me forever, and considering just how much he went through during those years it just doesn't seem fair.

And what about the future? I'll probably never know if the human race reaches past our solar system, or if we ever have a unified world government, or if Batman ever marries Catwoman. There's just so much cool **** to know at any given time that the thought of missing out on an infinite stretch of time after I die is galling. What right do you people have to do things if I'm not around to see it?
Don't worry Batty: don't you know we're all figments of your deranged imagination? When you die, we cease to exist. Comforting, isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
When you get older and you start to wear down I think most people get more comfortable with it. A little different for everyone I guess. It sounds like you have a really strong survival instinct. Over time it should start to feel more right.
Do you mean an older person gets a more "well what can you do, all gotta die some time" view, or that people expect older people to die more than they would a younger person: "she's what, eighty now? Had a good run" etc.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I guess I'm just a narcissist. Or having never had a friend or family member I was at all close to die makes death into more of an idea than a reality. But most of my thoughts of my own death are pretty self-involved.
You're right here. Once you lose someone close (don't wish it on you, man, but it will happen) your whole perspective changes through 180 degrees. Believe me. It gets very real.