Music Banter - View Single Post - When did the concept of death really, truly, sink in?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 03:32 PM   #65 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

The pet thing has always been weird for me. When I was a little kid I'd cry pretty hard when a pet died, and my mom is a pet collector so there were plenty of pets to cry over, from cats to goldfish to hamsters to dogs. Then I got older and more jaded about **** in general and for years I wouldn't even get teary eyed when a pet died. Then a couple years ago this cat who'd really bonded with me died and I was just the biggest, dribbliest, sobbiest wreck. I think it's actually been a good thing though, cause even though I've had countless pets die, there's always been a new one. Not that they replace the first pet, but the first pet had its own special, unique place in my life, but even if that place was now empty that didn't mean that pet #2 wouldn't find their own place in my life that would eventually feel like a necessary component to my existence. Life just goes on and brings new things that don't diminish the old things, and with that comes a change to the feeling of life itself.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote