Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Mumble Rap Punk?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Default Is Mumble Rap Punk?

So I've seen discussion on the webs lately about how artists like Little Yaghty are this generations version of punk music. Not necessarily in a sonic sense or even in the anarchist sense but more so in the way that they challenge the 'rules' of hip hop as a genre the same way punk did with rock. So punk was a bunch of guys who could hardly play guitar just slamming on the strings while belligerently screaming lyrics. And that of course upset a lot of the rock and roll culture. People hated it and didn't think it was 'real' music. Until it became a revolutionary thing. Now we have these kids who could hardly rhyme intentionally putting together horrible lyrics over simple beats where you can hardly understand them. And it has pissed off the hip hop culture in the same exact way. What are your thoughts?

Now, I would like to point out that not all 'mumble rappers' are horrible rappers. Travi$ Scott definitely has bars that go unappreciated simply because of his association.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote