Music Banter - View Single Post - Why do we criticise?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 08:00 AM   #25 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
CNN is fine. They were just under fire by Trump and some on the right as being "Fake News". It is a b.s. claim. The only thing I would stay away from is the shows that have guests come on. They barely let them speak and end up talking over each other and it just turns into a **** show. It is like they don't know how to be adults and let people speak before jumping in.
^ Thanks, dj - I had the impression that it gave pretty reasonable news coverage. I briefly watched one program called "Hardball" which was exactly as you describe, with the host interupting and talking across the poor invited guest.

EDIT: thanks, Frownland
__________________________________________________ _____________

On topic, I was reminded of a dialogue in a book by C.S.Lewis, which went something like:-

"What do you enjoy in life?"
"I enjoy weather."
"Yes, I like nice weather too."
"No, I like weather. I don't mind what sort of weather it is; I just like any kind of weather. Every day is a little different, you see."

Not many of us are so even-handed about our likes, especially as we are encouraged to choose favourites from an early age; favourite color, favourite food, favourite tv prog. And of course by choosing a favourite, by implication you are finding fault with the other options.

Some people are content just to celebrate their favourites, but others take a lot of pleasure from criticising their non-favourites too. Why that is, I'm not sure though. So my answer to Trollheart's intriguing question is "Don't know."