Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you a loner or a party guy (or girl)?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 09:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

A loner mostly. [[insert edgy teen loner monologue]] I've always been perfectly fine with going a long, long time without seeing a single soul. I don't at all hate or actively avoid socializing/social gatherings and so on (and I'm very comfortable talking to complete strangers and just about anyone), I just rarely befriend someone who actually has a similar sense of fun and I'm becoming increasingly bored of wasting money at bars. I'd rather sit in a field and eat tacos under a tree or something. (I've also been scolded many, many times for wandering off during parties and such, since, well, I like wandering around, I don't like languishing in the same place forever unless there's good music or something keeping me there. And how ELSE would I have ended up stumbling across friendly elderly janitors who showed me secret rooftop tennis courts in creepy hotels at 2 am??)

But mostly I just love solitude. I'm perfectly entertained by myself. Was the same way even as a child--because who needs friends when you have a Sony camcorder and hand-made monster puppets amirite?? I love chaos in small amounts, too (and going out solely to people-watch alone) but I could likely live in a lighthouse alone forever and be quite content. I mean, it might eventually become a Grey Gardens type situation due to all the inevitable cats and isolation-induced kookiness but oh well.
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote