Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you a loner or a party guy (or girl)?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 06:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I didn't ask were you either: I asked were you a loner or a party animal. You can be either all you like, I don't care, but if you want to ask that question create your own thread.
^ I'm sure Trollheart's joke is that "either" is a real option or type of behaviour independent of the original question. He's inviting Exo to post a poll, "Are you either or not?" In such a poll, I would certainly choose Either over Anal Breads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
A loner mostly. [[insert edgy teen loner monologue]] I've always been perfectly fine with going a long, long time without seeing a single soul. I don't at all hate or actively avoid socializing/social gatherings and so on (and I'm very comfortable talking to complete strangers and just about anyone), I just rarely befriend someone who actually has a similar sense of fun and I'm becoming increasingly bored of wasting money at bars. I'd rather sit in a field and eat tacos under a tree or something. (I've also been scolded many, many times for wandering off during parties and such, since, well, I like wandering around, I don't like languishing in the same place forever unless there's good music or something keeping me there. And how ELSE would I have ended up stumbling across friendly elderly janitors who showed me secret rooftop tennis courts in creepy hotels at 2 am??)
But mostly I just love solitude. I'm perfectly entertained by myself. Was the same way even as a child--because who needs friends when you have a Sony camcorder and hand-made monster puppets amirite?? I love chaos in small amounts, too (and going out solely to people-watch alone) but I could likely live in a lighthouse alone forever and be quite content. I mean, it might eventually become a Grey Gardens type situation due to all the inevitable cats and isolation-induced kookiness but oh well.
^ Like it or not, the bolded means that we are soulmates, Chiomara! Although I don't often wander off, I'm pretty good at leaving early if an event is too busy with people. I much prefer sitting down with a small group; me and four others is about the max size for comfortable conversation imo.

I hate to spend a day indoors, and if I spend much time in a tall building, I always check out the roof access. So often there's just an unlocked door and a fabulous view the other side of it. TIP: Always block the door with something so it doesn't slam back behind you. Sometimes the doors don't have handles roof-side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
That was wishful thinking. I walk my dog three times a day. I do get right back in bed though. In prison, I figure people bother you. I like it quiet except for my earbuds. I take a lot of downers.
^ First and foremost we all have to find "whatever gets you through the night." You are plenty old enough to know what you're doing, OccultH, but with the lifestyle you describe you may not be doing your brain or your body many favours. Of course, that depends on how far you walk your dog.