Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you a loner or a party guy (or girl)?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 07:20 AM   #30 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ Like it or not, the bolded means that we are soulmates, Chiomara! Although I don't often wander off, I'm pretty good at leaving early if an event is too busy with people. I much prefer sitting down with a small group; me and four others is about the max size for comfortable conversation imo.

I hate to spend a day indoors, and if I spend much time in a tall building, I always check out the roof access. So often there's just an unlocked door and a fabulous view the other side of it. TIP: Always block the door with something so it doesn't slam back behind you. Sometimes the doors don't have handles roof-side.
Yes, small groups are far better (so long as you have the right combination of personalities, that is). And it just always astounds me how so many people seemingly do not even try at all when it comes to hosting larger gatherings, in terms of the music/food situation at least. Four or five people really is ideal, though. Much easier to roam around outside between various locations that way.

I learned my lesson the hard way regarding the roof thing. I always try to find a way to the roof in pretty much any building I'm in, too (luckily it's usually fairly easily since, as you said, they're so often unlocked), so I have gotten momentarily stuck on a roof before. A roof I was not supposed to be on. But it was a nice night; what was I supposed to do? NOT get on the roof?
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote