Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you a loner or a party guy (or girl)?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 01:22 PM   #48 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ Hey! You are the first self-confessed roof-topper that I've met - it's great to meet another enthusiast. (The times I've talked a friend into exploring a roof with me they don't seem to mind it, but you just know they'll never bother doing it again. ).. and before anyone gets the wrong idea, I'm refering strictly to flat rooves; a stroll through the air-conditioning units to the parapet. Nothing remotely dangerous.
Well, you obviously survived getting stuck on a roof. That's never happened to me, but I have been found out on several occassions. Luckily, security guys are usually more puzzled than angry; probably relieved that they don't have a burglar or jumper on their hands.
Oh no, that's such a shame they aren't more enthusiastic :c I mean, there are only so many things to do if one's stuck in a building for x amount of time, or if you're wandering around downtown and there's nothing very interesting going on; it only makes sense to poke around rooftops. (or empty ballrooms in hotels with pianos) And yeah, most security guards seem pretty unbothered by it, thankfully. There are a lot of jumpers, though, according to a couple janitors I've chatted with. One said that for a while he'd see roughly one jumper per month-- usually businessmen. (he worked in one of those skyscraper hotels downtown, so he had a good view of all the rest)
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote