Music Banter - View Single Post - Your current favorites and musical journey
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Ah yes, I've been there from the start. Welcome to the Cruise and on. You know I once met and interviewed her? She's a whole lot shorter than you would think: really tiny. But a lovely woman. Mike Paxman was really nice too. Solid people.

I'd probably rate the albums as follows, best to worst (of what I've heard; a lot of her newer stuff, post UTA I have not yet heard but I do have)

Welcome to the Cruise
The Cat is Out (have this on vinyl)
Turning Stones
I am the Phoenix
Sportscar
Road Noise
Left Hand Talking
Wonderland
Under the Angels
Ritmo

(I haven't actually listened to Shoot the Moon: somehow I never got the album when I was collecting originally. I have it now but again, have yet to listen to it)
Cool! I am at least a little bit jelly of you having met her.

Whatever albums I've gotten so far has been dictated by what I've found cheapest on amazon.uk, so what I'm getting next will probably be a double CD with 'Sportscar' and 'I Am the Phoenix'.
I am glad you say 'Turning Stones' is good, because that one also seem like it will be easy to get on disc.
I have 'Left Hand Talking' too, but I'm not sure what I think about it yet. It's getting a bit more adult-contemporary than I'd like, but I'm not hating it. Maybe a few more listens will help me warm up to it.
You should totally give 'Shoot the Moon' a go one of these days. I think there's several really solid songs on it. Not least Heaven Can Wait and I'm Not a Loser.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote