Music Banter - View Single Post - Your current favorites and musical journey
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 12:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Yeah, I know both those from the Road Noise live album. Solid songs. Turning Stones is excellent: I'd definitely rate "We'll go dreaming, Sound of my sister's tears, Don't go, Everything will come" as great tracks but the standouts are the title and the anti-whaling anthem "Modern killers." Superb. If you need me to shoot you digital copies of anything you can't get or want, let me know as I have them all.
Hopefully I'll get around to that album inside a month or so. Can't wait to hear it!

And thanks! I'm still hoping I'll be able to actually get a disc of all the studio albums, but if I have to give up on a few, I may throw you a message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylstew View Post
I keep slacking off, but currently I am supposed to explore post-hardcore bands that still sound punk. 4000 album results on rateyourmusic for the genre, yet so little albums are what I'm looking for it is really frustrating. Luckily the forums helped me out, but I stil gotta listen. Currently I'm listening to frodus and digging it.

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/dylst...pdated-6_7_17/ describes my issue with post-hardcore. It's a love hate relationship, because some of the most awesome bands I know fall under this, yet otherwise it is dominated by things I am not interested in. **** my music taste sometimes.

Way back I was exploring entirely new genres to me ( funk, jazz and hip hop) but I got lazy and forgot about it. It takes quite a while to get myself to fall in love with unfamiliar music. After a lot of trying I really dig aesop rock now, even the electronic instrumentals, and I'm not a fan of electronic music.
I'll read that RYM link after this. I can definitely relate to the task of having to listen through a mountain of albums. I tend to go a bit by intuition though. It seems to work well for me to pick out the ones that have cool covers, interesting song titles or something else that catches my attention. If it looks like completely by-the-numbers genre fare, it probably is.

About getting into new things, my experience has been that the more you challenge yourself to broaden your horizons, the easier it becomes.

EDIT: After reading the link... I'm not sure this is the kind of thing you're looking for at all, but I think these guys are sort of cool:

Last edited by MicShazam; 06-18-2017 at 01:28 AM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote