Music Banter - View Single Post - Happy fathers day!
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 08:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dylstew
Music Addict

Holidays like these feel absolutely arbitrary and forced to me. How does being guilt tripped into buying random **** no one truly cares about on a specific randomly chosen day where everyone else does it for someone prove you love someone. I mean, it's not asif they can't buy that **** themselves and they're gonna buy something for you when it's your birthday anyways so it's not benefitial to your money either. Why do I have to prove ****, are you guys that insecure? You already know I care about you. That I don't buy stuff doesn't say I don't care about you enough to do anything, because I don't care about myself enough to do anything either.

If I'm ever in some store, and I'm like, hey, that looks like something my dad would want, I may buy it and give it. That at least feels like a genuine gesture of ''Hey, I thought of you because I care about you, and now you don't have to buy it yourself''. These holidays tho, can suck my assfarts. ''I thought of you'' and ''I put effort into you because I care'' don't really amount to much when it was just because of some nationally chosen date for everyone to do it.

Plus, parents already have birthdays. I don't care about those either (including my own) but do they really need 2 holidays while the rest has one. What's the point. Selling more ****? At least birthdays give people the excuse to put together meetups and the rare occurance of them guilts people into actually putting it in their priorities so they actually show up.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote