Music Banter - View Single Post - Happy fathers day!
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 08:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylstew View Post
Holidays like these feel absolutely arbitrary and forced to me. How does being guilt tripped into buying random **** no one truly cares about on a specific randomly chosen day where everyone else does it for someone prove you love someone. I mean, it's not asif they can't buy that **** themselves and they're gonna buy something for you when it's your birthday anyways so it's not benefitial to your money either. Why do I have to prove ****, are you guys that insecure? You already know I care about you. That I don't buy stuff doesn't say I don't care about you enough to do anything, because I don't care about myself enough to do anything either.

If I'm ever in some store, and I'm like, hey, that looks like something my dad would want, I may buy it and give it. That at least feels like a genuine gesture of ''Hey, I thought of you because I care about you, and now you don't have to buy it yourself''. These holidays tho, can suck my assfarts. ''I thought of you'' and ''I put effort into you because I care'' don't really amount to much when it was just because of some nationally chosen date for everyone to do it.

Plus, parents already have birthdays. I don't care about those either (including my own) but do they really need 2 holidays while the rest has one. What's the point. Selling more ****? At least birthdays give people the excuse to put together meetups and the rare occurance of them guilts people into actually putting it in their priorities so they actually show up.
+10 to Dylstew's angst stat

*Summon: Ian Curtis' Ghost unlocked*
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote