Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you a loner or a party guy (or girl)?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 08:27 AM   #97 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I'll actually answer this.

If I was judging myself I'd consider myself a loner.

If it were up to people they'd say that I was a social butterfly because in ways I am. I always make friends with the people I work with. I'm always going out in Brooklyn or Manhattan nearly every weekend when I'm home. Yet, I like bars with not a lot of people in them. I hate having to push through people to get places. I see movie and concerts by myself. I've also been described by one of my close friends as the most social person she's ever met. I don't get that one.

I need alone time though. Couple nights a week. Really I'm a social weekend person aside from the occasional beer at a bar after work during the week. The rest of those nights are for myself to either read, listen to albums, or watch movies.

This is why I asked why I had to be either one or the other. I am neither.
^ Thanks for that insight into your social life, Exo. Some elements of it remind me of when I was a single man living in London. Overcoming an initial disinclination, I also went to the theatre alone a couple of times; there was a thriving amateur scene which put on plays in church halls or the backrooms of pubs. One nice thing I found about attending alone is that as you file out of the exit doors, you can hear, but never have to contribute, to those inevitable conversations that start, "Well, what did you think of it then?"