Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 02:08 PM   #13610 (permalink)
Thelonious Monkey
Caesar is home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isbjørn View Post
I'd gladly shake her hand, but I would not bow to her. Nothing personal about it - she is a person just like me, and probably a nice one too, but not a natural superior. And since I'm not a top politician like Jeremy Corbyn, just a petty pinko activist, I don't need to care about my image.

I see the monarchy as a remnant of feudal society that has survived its historical role - that goes for the British monarchy as well as the Norwegian monarchy. Queen Sonja of Norway is probably a good person, but her title is purely symbolic and a waste of the taxpayers' money. I think the Queen of the UK is worse - agan, nothing personal - but the state she represents has, historically, been responsible for colonial atrocities in India, Ireland, Africa, Australia and so on. With that in mind, I don't want to bow to the Queen just to be nice, since respect is something that should be earned.
I'd bow to the Queen. I think it would be cool to tell your friends. What's wrong with being nice anyway?
Thelonious Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote