Music Banter - View Single Post - Video Games You Can Happily Play Repeatedly
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 08:52 PM   #48 (permalink)
bulbasaur
ʕº̫͡ºʔ ʕº̫͡ºʔ ʕº̫͡ºʔ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I don't play a lot of different games. I tend to stick with a couple games for a very long time... so here's my list:

Ultima Online - ~10 years
WoW - ~3 years
Hearthstone - ~4 years
Minecraft - ~5 years
LoL - ~6 years

I've always enjoyed neverending progression and collecting wealth in video games which makes MMORPGs with a solid end/late game my genre of choice. I don't get much enjoyment from games with an end or themepark style anymore. WoW is on the list just because it was enjoyable early on for me, but that pleasure has since died off (this is the first expansion I haven't even bothered to get). MOBAs are also fun if you feel like playing something on a whim that takes little to no investment to have fun and still be competitive.

I guess some titles I enjoy that are more fitting for the threads theme include:

-Mike Tysons Punch Out - Idk if it's just the nostalgia factor, or the mastering of each opponent that makes this game a pleasure to go back to.. Every month or three, I'll give it ago until one loss to see if I still got it. I never make it to tyson anymore, but I usually get to Soda.

-Final Fantasy Tactics - I love the flexibility of character paths that give me the option to play different strategies every playthrough. Hands down my favorite console RPG since I purchased it new. I've heard there are better games with similar playstyles, but I've never tried them.

-A whole bunch of civilization-esque grand strategy games such as Stellaris, Europa Universallis, etc, that provide unique playthroughs as well as survival games like Don't Starve and Oxygen Not Included.
i've only beaten ff tactics once, but that's a fun game to revisit from time to time