Music Banter - View Single Post - Getting Wasted With Style: Frownland's Beer Journal
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 08:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post

Number One: Dogfish Head - 120 Minute IPA (16.5%)

My local liquor store has this priced at $35 a four pack. Wildly hard to find quality craft beer. I've never been disappointed by Dogfish Head's stuff and their 60 & 90 minute IPAs are pretty delicious too. I might treat myself to a single of these on my next payday because it's too good to miss.
UPDATE: I tried this and it tasted like jet fuel at first, but once you got into the overwhelming booziness of it it had a lot of smoky, caramel undertones kind of similar to whiskey. It's not exactly flying off the shelves, so I think I might save up for a four pack and store them for a while to see how that affects the flavour. Overall 4.5/5

This one looks very cool. Lagunitas has partnered with Heineken, and I think the change from the parchment style labelling on this beer is because of that.

Anyways, the beer is called Dark Swan and it's an "experimentally hopped sour ale fermented with dark red wine grapes." It clocks in at 8.5% ABV, which pretty unique for a sour. I'll let you guys know if I get around to trying it.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote