Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 11:31 PM   #5652 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
The march was a waste of time, the pink hats were stupid, and anyone they were trying to convince of their position were not convinced because the whole thing was executed in a childish fashion, much like the man they're railing against. Similarly, nobody is convinced that gay marriage is wrong just because a bunch of ignorant Christian businessowners decide to scream on social media collectively and boycott Ben & Jerrys or whatever.
I had this conversation a few days ago. Those types of marches aren't for trying to convince others of their positions. It can definitely seem like it is pointless to those that don't agree with their position but it more about rallying their base that is already in their bubble.

Also those bunch of Christian business owners that refuse service to gay couples are backed up by law in certain places. So it isn't just their ignorant opinion when they have the law on their side to discriminate against a group of people they don't like. Honestly, I don't get why gay couples would want to spend their money making someone rich that doesn't align with their values. **** them if they don't want to cater your event. Take your spending power elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
You would have been a guy that says Civil Rights protesters don't convince anyone in the 50s-60s

But I agree insofar as I think violence is the answer
There isn't enough people on board for violence to be effective. People in general are way too comfortable with their status quo. They aren't desperate enough.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.