Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 11:51 PM   #5653 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Don't tell me what I do and don't know. You are so ****ing beyond pretentious.
Lol. I've been lectured on countless occasions on just this thread alone on topics ranging from business to economics to whatever the hell else pops up peripherally to the ongoing Trump Saga...even though I'm probably the only guy on this forum who actually owns a business that serves other businesses, small and large alike. So I can take a little irony, but you are well beyond that point. You ignoring my core points and scoffing at Trump getting eight years and then getting mad when I direct you to an article written by a guy with 20+ years of political writing experience (who happens to be a liberal like yourself) is the epitome of pretentiousness. I'm showing you the train coming at you and you have basically decided to stand there and let it run you over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I had this conversation a few days ago. Those types of marches aren't for trying to convince others of their positions. It can definitely seem like it is pointless to those that don't agree with their position but it more about rallying their base that is already in their bubble.

Also those bunch of Christian business owners that refuse service to gay couples are backed up by law in certain places. So it isn't just their ignorant opinion when they have the law on their side to discriminate against a group of people they don't like. Honestly, I don't get why gay couples would want to spend their money making someone rich that doesn't align with their values. **** them if they don't want to cater your event. Take your spending power elsewhere.
That particular Women's March definitely fell in line more as a pure publicity stunt than a platform for different talking points, so I can agree with that assessment. Some fundraising went on throughout it as well.

As far as those Christian businessowners are concerned, I'd give the states still discriminating another decade (maybe a bit less) before they all have changed their tune due to certain inevitabilities. Good luck with their lawsuits at that point.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 06-25-2017 at 12:04 AM.