Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 08:50 AM   #14203 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

i'm a little upset that nobody let me know that the new Algiers album was out, but i'll let it slide since it's SO ****ING GOOD. didn't know if they had it in them to match their last release, but here we are and they've done it again.

i'll admit i'm no elphenor but these guys are, at least to me, one of the most interesting post-punk bands currently working. this album sees them push forward by fine-tuning many of the elements that made their last release so memorable, while adding a fair bit more industrial influence and once again blowing me away by the sheer power in the vocalists voice.

it's a little early to say as i've only listened to it once, but in a year where i haven't been that impressed with too many releases, this is surely a front runner to be amongst the best projects of 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote