Music Banter - View Single Post - new? neu? new.
Thread: new? neu? new.
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 10:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ruby Slipper
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Welcome to the forum, Ruby Slippers!

I like Stereolab, Broadcast and Black Marble too. Glad to see a fan of their joined the forum. Tender Buttons is one of my favorite albums. Colour Me In is such an amazing a song imo. While on the subject of social media think about joining us in Plug.dj sometime.
Thanks, Neapolitan. Love your GIF avatar. Best thing I've seen on the interwebs today. FYI, it's Slipper, singular. And thanks for the wonderful Broadcast video clip reminder. They're one of my all time favorite bands. I was gutted when Trish passed in 2011. I'm part of a Broadcast fan group on FB and have discovered some other Broadcast/Stereolab-ish indie bands through them - Virginia Wing, the Soundcarriers, Death & Vanilla, Vanishing Twin, Beautify Junkyards. You might enjoy some of them if you haven't checked them out already. Virginia Wing is especially Broadcast-y, while Death & Vanilla and Beautify Junkyards pick up on some of Broadcast's hazy psych-folkiness. The Soundcarriers share elements of both Broadcast & Stereolab, and Vanishing Twin picks up where Stereolab left off with Sound Dust and Cobra & Phases.
Ruby Slipper is offline   Reply With Quote