Music Banter - View Single Post - Let The Batlord Get You into ICP
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 01:44 AM   #65 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Oh wow, they made fifty songs about being psychotic clowns that kill bigots in the name of god. So creative.

I'm not looking at it from a back packer view point. The rehash song topics like every rapper does. They don't do it much differently on different albums. The whole disappointment of ICP is that they had this gimmick that allowed them to create commentary on social and political issues in a creative way yet they were never creative or smart enough to flesh that out. Because that's what they were going for in the beginning when they were just a bunch of Esham rip offs like every other rapper. Their commentary never became anything more than some adolescent whining about life being unfair and half assed versions of what every rapper was saying at the time. Most of their creativity came from their producer, Mike Clark. And yeah, in the beginning it was new. Not at all the most creative **** coming out at the time in hip hop though. They were just riding mainstream trends through out the whole thing. At first they tried to be gangster rap because that was what's cool. Then they rode the numetal wave when that got big in the late 90s. I had appreciation for what they tried to be. I still every once in a rare while will listen to older ****. The other day I threw on Ringmaster, used to love that album. Disappointed, it didn't live up to the hype of nostalgia. Very cringey. With a few exceptions. When they connect they can hit pretty hard, but a lot of times moments are ruined with some terrible ass lyric. I was immature when I got into them, and they never matured with me like Twiztid did. But they are definitely goofy. They know they are goofy and they own it. They use the whole "we're clowns" thing to explain all the goofy **** they say. I thought that's why you liked them. Their light hearted foolery while Twiztid are too depressed or some****.

Edit: And like, when I got into their music I was like 12. They both made immature angsty music and I was immature and angsty. I grew up. I hardly listen to older **** from either. Because I'm not an angsty kid anymore. I'm an angsty young adult. And Twiztid grew up too and matured and started making more refined and mature and relate able ****. ICP became a bad parody of themselves.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.

Last edited by Lucem Ferre; 06-28-2017 at 01:51 AM.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote