Music Banter - View Single Post - ICP vs. Twiztid
Thread: ICP vs. Twiztid
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 02:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Isn't that kind of ironic? Since ICP started out as Inner City Posse, a wannabe gangster rap group, while Twiztid started out as House of Krazees, a wannabe Esham rap group?
And ICP grew beyond that, whereas Twiztid are pretty much the same thing as they've always been, just with less killing and more weeping.

Quote:
Or since ICP are the ones that did Psychopathic Rydas, the ultimate wannabe gangster rap.
Wut? I guess I was just imagining that Twiztid were also in Psychopathic Rydas. And I'm pretty sure that was just a bit of fun for all involved, not anything serious.

Quote:
Or their collab album with 36Mafia where they were wannabe thugs?
Never heard that.

Quote:
Their vision was stolen from Esham. From the clown gimmick to the horror music. To rapping over rock beats. To even full on song concepts.
I don't remember Esham doing the clown gimmick, but I wouldn't be surprised if Violent J lifted it. He lifted enough from plenty of people. And then he made it his own. I can hear Esham all the **** over Ringmaster and Riddle Box, but those albums still sound totally unique and ICP. The specific atmosphere, the nonsense lyrics, and the off-the-wall concept all made for something that can't be replicated.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote