Music Banter - View Single Post - ICP vs. Twiztid
Thread: ICP vs. Twiztid
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 02:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I don't ever see Twiztid as wannabe gangsters. Just products of their environment. J grew up poor but outside of Detroit while Twiztid grew up with in Detroit. They went to highschool with Eminem and Proof. They remember people being shot and killed over rap battles. Mono has been in caught in a drive by before. J got bullied by mean kids with BB guns.
Luckily I never gave a **** about ICP or Twiztid as gangster rappers, but Twiztid never really evolved enough beyond that schtick to become interesting in their own right.

Quote:
Esham stole this Homey The Clown gimmick from an In Loving Color skit and started painting his face and rapping in clown paint on stage. ICP saw that and started painting their hype man's face before J had his magical dark carnival dream from god or what ever cult leader bull**** he pushes.
lulz. In Living Color is responsible for ICP. That's pretty nice. But ICP still ran with the concept far beyond what anybody else ever did. Unless you want to rag on anyone who borrows ideas, like Shakespeare. Violent J is ****ing Shakespeare, ***got.

Quote:
Killjoy Club. It was a super group with ICP, 36 Mafia and Young Wicked.
I'll have to check it out. Hopefully it's less ****ty than Soopa Villainz.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote