Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Top 50 Albums
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 01:26 PM   #316 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Hey, Choking Victim, nice. And The Sound of Perseverance doesn't get enough love.
They're basically my token punk band for the list to cover most of my bases. The only reason I can think of for The Sound of Perseverance not getting enough love is because it's basically the final nail in the coffin of the pure death metal sound that Death had at least started with in favor of more of a progressive metal sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
i dont know ya that well Pete but that's a damn fine list you've got there.
Thank you, it's pretty standard for me if you know my tastes. A few albums are throw aways, like Finntroll... no idea what I was thinking there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
You are a man of refined tastes.
Thanks, refined to the the purest essence of borderline hipster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
We need to talk about that non-SYL Devin Townsend album you have ranked so high.
Of course. I love how the albums seem to be different sides of the same coin, both being recorded in 1997 before Devin knew he was bipolar. It's a different use of that wall-of-sound production Devin loved to use, and it works just as well on this as it did on City. It's heavy in just how dense each song feels, like you're swimming underwater, not to crushing depths like you can find with metal bands like Ulcerate, but in a way that just engulfs you.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote