Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Album Reviews
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 01:33 AM   #803 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

MicShazam - The Hunt [EP]

The Hunt: The MIDI is going to make this one hard tbh. I'd love to hear this in the context of a live band or some more focus on how your keyboard/launchpad/computer program/whatever you use sounds so that there's more dynamic and it sounds realistic. Definitely dug the keyboard lead at the end.

Connect the Dots: My same advice from earlier still applies, but it's certainly an improvement on the opener. You do have some cool melodic ideas in the middle of the song and I dig your structure, especially in the beginning of the track.

Tarot Card: The intro is kind of unnecessary imo, but once it takes off it goes to high places for sure. The first two tracks had me worried that this whole album would be formatted off of a base of very straightforward beats but this subverted that so good work. Definitely the highlight of the album so far.

Tigris & Euphrates - Ja this builds on the other track in that it's the best track on the album, but the drums to bring he plasticity back into the picture.

Final thoughts: At first I was pretty skeptical but it turned out quite well and if you formed a band to play this with you it would be pretty incredible, especially if you could expand on them. Great work for sure. 7/10

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote