Music Banter - View Single Post - The Art Thread
Thread: The Art Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 04:33 AM   #1698 (permalink)
PoorOldPo
Blue Pill Oww

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I really like both of them. The colours and the texturing you do is fantastic. I especially like what you're doing around the eyes on the portrait.

Something I love in particular about the other painting is about the mix of motif and composition. There's something very dream like about it. And I don't mean that in the sort of vague way people use it to describe something weird. I mean to say that it actually very much has a similar slightly unreal sense of place to it that I often see in my dreams. That thing where environments seem slightly differently laid out - in whatever way - than they would be in reality. It's uhh... hard to explain, but it really speaks to me. Somehow the combo of the marble railing (correct translation?), the simple shapes of the house to the right and that huge, starry sky that dominates all of the background really makes it feel unreal and dreamlike in particular.
I enjoyed reading that so much, thank you man I love that you got that from it. It is actually someting I saw when I was 4. the woman was see through! No idea what is was.

PoorOldPo is offline   Reply With Quote