Music Banter - View Single Post - Soundtrack of Your Dreams
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

I've been wanting a thread like this, but had been too lazy to make it. I spend an embarrassing amount of time making imaginary soundtracks. (and alternate soundtracks for existing movies)

This one I could see being used in a river baptism scene at dusk with black pines and carrion birds swirling overhead in some horror film set in 1930s appalachia. (Or alternately, in a scene where somebody attempts to drown themselves in an icy lake somewhere in a Russian forest)

I always thought Chet's voice (and the lyrics, somewhat) was incredibly creepy in this song, so I always pictured this being used in a stalker scene-- or perhaps one where a man is preparing an immaculate meal by candelight while a woman tied to a chair watches.

Okay, this will sound a bit silly, but I've always wanted to write a children's book about a gang of odd animal friends (plus a frog-girl and magical luchadore) that live in a landfill and dream of escaping and going out to sea, and this song would be absolutely perfect for the moment they sail off on their ramshackle ship into the fog, I think.

Star-crossed lovers escaping a cult and running through a forest as the others (the deranged cult leaders, covered in blood and white paint and wearing deer antlers) pursue them.

A silent exchange in a near-empty empty dive bar or 1950s juke joint in the deep south, followed by a long, slow walk (a pursual of someone illuminated only by headlights from a distance--yes, yet another stalker scene) down a long gravel road.

I'll post lots more later.
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote