Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 11:27 AM   #44841 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Not sure if I've mentioned this before (failing memory and all), but when we were up in Irvine a couple months back (when I suffered the dissasociative fugue) we sat in on three days of depostions of two Taiwanese employees of the Chinese factory in hopes of getting them to trip up and give us some ammo.

The Chinese guy's law firm takes up the entire 17th floor of this skyscraper and we're in this huge (and very plush) conference room.

Me
My boss.
His wife and my coworker.
Our lawyer.
The videographer.
The stenographer.
The translator. *
US megacorp lawyer #1.
US megacorp lawyer #2. **
China lawyer #1.
China lawyer #2.
Dragon Lady. ***
Taiwanese witness #1.
Taiwanese witness #2.

First off, depositions are slightly less fun than watching snails race each other.

Secondly, depositions are slightly more fun than razor cuts and lemon juice to your genitals.

Anyhoo.....

Day two. I lean back, look up at the ceiling, and realize that the entire conference room is outfitted with speakers that I designed and that were part of the law suit. I noted this to our team and the look of incredulity on all three of their faces is insanely (in a Joker kind of way) hilarious in hindsight.

* Totally unnessary. I've worked with both of the ladies for almost 20 years and they are perfectly fluent in English. Total ****ing ruse move.

** Cute as a button. Flirted with her every chance I got.

*** The senior partner of the law firm who, after over two ****ing years, stumbled across a loophole that got our contract thrown out of the case.

TLDR: One of the US lawyers is really hot.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”

Last edited by Chula Vista; 07-03-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote