Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batlord's Kitchen Sink Journal of Anything and Everything He Wants to Write About
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 08:23 PM   #161 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Savage ****ing Breakdowns

You know how breakdowns beat all ass and make everything heavier and anti-life? Me too. Here's some for all the poseurs who don't know. I'll post some more when I think of sick ****.

Zao got some mean ****ing breakdowns. Mean. ****ing. Breakdowns. Then they got this song, which is basically just an excuse to build up to the gnarliest breakdown ever. It's awe inspiring.

@1:36

Man, I don't even know if this is the best breakdown on the album cause there are so many that slay the slayiest. But this is the one I always associate with Cryptopsy breakdowns. It's not even that long, but it's right at the end and perfectly placed to make the horns throw themselves.

This album and song are so sick that this breakdown gets... not so much ignored, but there's so much awesomeness going on that one single moment in one song can only get so much play. But it's one of the absolute sickest moments in metal. There's at least one or two other moments in this song that are also the sickest in metal btw.

@1:38

I don't generally go much into live albums, but this song is probably the biggest example I've ever heard of a live version outshining the album version. That breakdown is awesome, but what really makes it is the pause... and then, "STIR THIS MOTHER****ER UP!" Just a little bit of drama to make you want to curb stomp a poseur loser **** ****head.

2:50
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote