Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 04:44 PM   #65 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mord View Post
I really believe that. Revolutionary ideas often sound absurd.

I believe the best political system would be a representative democracy in which the politicians are average joes who, when their term is up, return to their old, private lives.
I support the idea in theory but in reality, people are generally ****ing clueless about politics, economics, foreign policy, and war.. We would require an incredible educational leap to even scratch the surface of considering such an idea. The average person, myself included, does not have the understanding of how free healthcare will impact the economy in the long and short term, and although economists get it wrong they at least have the skill set to assess why they were incorrect and move forward (it's impossible to always be certain). A majority of society just puppets the narrative that is shoved down their throat from whatever news sources they align with and flaunt their pseudo-understanding of how America functions.

Let's be honest the broadness of informed decisions we expect our politicians to make are beyond the expectations of even the most intelligent people. You really need to be thoroughly educated on such a wide variety of topics it's absurd. I've always been fond of the idea of a collective of POTUS status officials each specialized in a field that collectively make decisions.. I haven't thought much about how it would function but it seems likely to result in much better decision making assuming it's not corrupt.

They can each of course have a variety of advisors below them.. but a round table of sorts consisting of a few scientists, economist, diplomat, some sort of high end general, etc. Also, they can't be religious because anyone who believes in god without evidence is not capable in making evidence based decisions in at least one aspect of their life, and I'd rather not leave it up to them to decide when it is and isn't appropriate to use faith based decision making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote