Music Banter - View Single Post - Horrorcore? Express your thoughts.
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 05:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
bloodspits
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Yeah, that was me. My verse was dope, but my delivery kind of sucked on that one. I recorded an original hook for it too but he didn't use it. I guess he liked the alien's and corpses line because it fit better with the theme of the album. Verse is basically about how even though I don't condone what Sam did or anybody like that, it's hard for me to separate them from the music when some of the **** we rap about is exactly the same as what he did. Speaking for myself, the music comes from the same place where the actions did. It was always an outlet to let go of some of the feelings that he literally acted out. So in that I sympathize and relate to him despite the atrocities, and any hatred I have for him or his actions really becomes just a hatred for myself.
Yeah syko sam (or however you spell it) was a crazy incident. But, yeah. I understand that completely. As my passion for music is endless, i find myself with infinite inspiration for more darker subject matter and it comes more naturally and the fact horrorcore is so hated on and such a slandered genre in hiphop is unforunate (as i stated in the beginning post in the forum.) Because there are artists out there who genuinely want to make good music but putting in that subgenre, to me, already throws dirt on it regardless of the content.
bloodspits is offline   Reply With Quote