Music Banter - View Single Post - Bad Movies With Great Premises
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 07:21 AM   #47 (permalink)
Yac
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
What are your thoughts on Covenant?

I liked Prometheus but yeah those characters were silly asf for scientists.
I have not seen it yet, because I heard people with a movie taste similar to mine criticize it in the same fashion they criticized Prometheus.
I was so disappointed by P... I don't know if I'll be able to survive Covenant
Also, I missed it at the movies and am waiting for a good pirate.. I mean, a bluray release. Will probably watch it then

Edit: and I have to address this. Scientists that act like they're ****in stoned all the time. A geologist with a huge set of sci fi tools used for mapping is the first one to get lost. A biologist who doesn't follow basic logic (let alone protocol). Oh, I also loved how our heroine managed to run around 40 seconds after a laser cut all her abdominal muscles in half, removing the alien baby from her stomach.. sure.
Generally I felt the movie originally was 2 hours longer and had to be cut down to be released, and the story and the plot suffered. There was no logic, no consistency, only plot devices. That's ok when we're talking about a college comedy or whatnot, but this was supposed to be "hardcore SF" right ? Well, baloney. Lazy writing, lazy editing, lazy lazy lazy.
Yac is offline   Reply With Quote