Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 10:32 PM   #122 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I dont see a reason for the elderly and military vets to get discounts.
Mind blown.

Military vets get treated like absolute **** by our current economic system once they retire from the service of "WORKING TO PROTECT YOUR ASS" based on the orders they receive. Mostly young, and naive kids who have nowhere else to turn and then get completely used and manipulated by our government and then get thrown to the curb when they get home.

Do you know what percentage of homeless people are folks who once stood on battle lines trying to protect your countries' interests based on what they were instructed by the goverment, while you were sitting home sucking your thumb?

My 86 year old dad is elderly. He busted his ass working for over 50 years. He served during the Korean War in the Air Force and almost didn't make it home from one flight. He and the crew had to jettison every piece of gear and equipment to reduce the weight of the plane to maximize the fuel so they could get back to the base.

He's currently in a nursing home and I've been unable to have a coherent conversaton with him over the phone (we're 3,000 miles apart), because of his dementia, in about 3 years. The dude contributed into the system for decades. He paid his taxes. He did his part to make the system work without bitching.

Maybe re-think your attitude about how this stuff works. Totally let down by you DMV. I held you in higher regard until that post.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote