Music Banter - View Single Post - Is anyone else unable to pinpoint what makes them like certain music but not others?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 06:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylstew View Post
Hmm. There's some pretty bland and repetetive music I've liked. Banner Pilot basically has the same pop punk song over and over. And it seems like bland depends on what I have already heard before and how much.
Surely it's not bland to you though, even if it's not especially groundbreaking or original. There must be something about it that grabs you if you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylstew View Post
There is a ton of different kinds of music out there but I 95% of the time don't feel like listening to them as they don't do it for me as much and instead want more that's like what I already like but not too much. So I stick to rock genres while occasionally stepping outside an album or two.
That seems like a tall order—and one that would continuously get harder to fill the more music you're exposed to.

We definitely have very different approaches to music. For me, if there's a style of music that I haven't really given much of a chance, I'll try to find that one artist or album that clicks with me and use that as my gateway into the genre. Sometimes it doesn't take me very far, but sometimes it leads me into a whole new world of amazing music.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote