Music Banter - View Single Post - Is anyone else unable to pinpoint what makes them like certain music but not others?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 03:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dylstew
Music Addict

I'm not sure what it is that grabs me about banner pilot. I just logically feel like if it was any other band, I'd write off most of their material as mediocre.

My music approach kinda sucks I guess. There was a point I wanted to check out top artists of a buunch of genres but I got lazy. Did get to know a sweet bebop song tho.

Anyways, man.. I thought that prog rock would be THE genre to have more of what you're describing, but.. no? So, what's so progressive about prog then? I do know I dislike it when songs are complex but just feel like a ****load of ideas mashed together which makes it hard to let any of them sink in.

Speaking of expressive music, it's odd to me how when I hear more expressive artists people sometimes say they're cheesy.

I like how you like beauty, because I recently learnt I love weird dissonant distorted guitar parts (especially if contrasted with pretty parts), haha. I'd like them to be used in songs with actual nice songwriting tho, but most of them tend to just go for a more atmospheric /texture focused thing with repetetive rhythms . Your guitar strumming also goes completely against my love for punk guitars, and I've loved many vocalists that suck at singing.

Last edited by Dylstew; 07-17-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote