Music Banter - View Single Post - Is anyone else unable to pinpoint what makes them like certain music but not others?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 06:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

I, too am largely mystified by what exactly causes me to love certain things and be utterly ambivalent toward other artists, even those which seem to have all the qualities I should like based on my other favorites. I may just be a picky curmudgeon who wants to listen to the same 30 songs over and over, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I've only bumped into his music occasionally but there didn't exactly seem to be a lot of variety to it.

While on the topic of somewhat cheesy/"uncool" music that won't generally find an audience on MB, here's a few things I like a LOT.
I don't expect you to check it all out, nor to like any of it, but I imagine you would be the only other person on this site who could even possibly see the appeal:

Spoiler for massive video spam!!:

Kylie!
Kylie >>>> Madonna
It always irks me when people-- outside of this forum, anyway-- always credit Madonna as the most important pop (mainstream pop) innovator while ignoring people like Kylie Minogue. Though I hear she's much more appreciated outside of America.

I, too like a great deal of uncool music (I have a deep and undying fondness for failed early 2000s girl bands + bad french snythpop) but I couldn't possibly fit all of it in one post.